Article 1 Consent to policy
- A user of the Service (“User”) is required to consent to this Policy and use of User personal information (see Article 4) pursuant to this Policy in relation to the use of the Service.
- For a User under 13 years old, the legal representative (guardian, etc.) of User is required to consent to this Policy on behalf of User.
Article 2 Details of service
The Service involves the use of user data (as defined in Article 4.2) acquired by the Company in advance to verify identity and boarding pass through facial recognition in boarding procedures carried out by boarding airlines participating in the Service as set out in Appendix 1 that operate flights that a User is scheduled to board (“Boarding Airline”). A User whose facial recognition is successful does not need to present their passport or boarding pass for these procedures.
Article 3 Usage terms, etc. for the Service
- A User scheduled to board a flight with a Boarding Airline that has designated the flight as one for which the Service is available may, if validly holding a boarding pass for such flight, use the Service at machines compatible with the Service, such as automatic check-in machines, automatic luggage drop-off machines, security checkpoint entry gates, and automatic boarding gates, etc. (for boarding gates with automatic boarding gates, only those set out in Appendix 2); provided, however, that the Service cannot be used if any of the following applies:
- For infants and toddlers;
- The assistance of a third party is required to operate devices or pass through gates for the Service;
- User data has already been recorded for another flight on the same business day at Narita International Airport;
- A valid IC passport is not held;
- Facial recognition is not possible due to the wearing of a mask, sunglasses, or other accessories;
- The Boarding Airline does not fulfill the usage criteria for each procedure within the airport; or
- The Company or the Boarding Airline determines that the use of the Service is otherwise inappropriate.
- A User has not conducted any of the following acts or acts that may constitute the following acts in relation to using the Service:
- Act that violates laws, regulations, or public order and morality;
- Act that infringes property rights, intellectual property rights, reputation rights, privacy rights, or other legal or contractual rights or interests of the Company, a Boarding Airline, any other User or third party;
- Act that prevents or hinders the operation of the Service or the use of the Service by any other User; or
- Another act that the Company or the Boarding Airline considers inappropriate.
- User understands and accepts the possibility that the Service may not function properly for the following:
- Person less than 135cm tall;
- Person more than 191cm tall;
- Person under 13 years old; or
- If there is any other matter than may prevent the Service functioning.
Article 4 Handling of personal information for the Service
- User shall complete user data registration procedures using a Service-capable machine to use the Service.
- The Company shall acquire the following personal information (“User Data”) when conducting the Service. The Company shall delete User Data within 24 hours of acquisition:
- Personal information included on boarding passes (name, departure location, arrival location, flight number, etc.);
- Personal information contained in passports (name, date of birth, sex, nationality, passport number, facial image)
- Personal information read by the facial recognition system (camera) of the Service (facial image); and
- Personal identification and boarding pass checking information in (1) through (3) above and all other personal information necessary to supply or operate the Service.
- The Company shall use User Data solely within the scope necessary to achieve the following purposes, and shall not use it for any other purpose:
- Supply and operate the Service (personal identification and boarding pass checking service for boarding procedures);
- Respond to inquiries and consultation, etc. regarding the Service;
- Surveys, statistics, and analysis to improve, etc. the operation of the Service and Narita International Airport (excluding the User Data in Article 4.2(3)); and
- Other handling according to laws and regulations, etc.
- In order to supply and operate the Service, the Company shall (i) acquire User Data from User and (ii) after obtaining the consent of User, acquire User Data from the Boarding Airline.
- The Company shall transfer User Data of such User to the Boarding Airline after obtaining the consent of User in order to supply and operate the Service. If User is under 13 years old, it is necessary for the legal representative (guardian, etc.) of such User to consent to such third-party transfer in this and the preceding paragraph on behalf of such User.
- The Company shall comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws, regulations, and guidelines, and take organizational security control measures, human security control measures, physical security control measures, and technological security control measures to control the security of User Data.
Article 5 Suspension and change, etc. of supply of the Service
- The Company may suspend or discontinue the supply of the Service without notifying User in advance if any of the following applies:
- Repair or maintenance of devices or systems, etc. necessary to supply the Service;
- The supply of the Service is difficult due to a force majeure such as a natural disaster;
- The supply of the service is difficult due to laws and regulations or related measures; or
- The Company otherwise determines that the suspension or discontinuation of the Service is necessary.
- The Company may change all or part of the content of the Service without prior notification to User.
- The Company bears no liability for damage to User caused by the suspension or discontinuation of the supply of the Service or a change, etc. to the content of the Service.
Article 6 No warranty
The Company does not explicitly or implicitly warrant that it is able to implement identification verification and boarding pass checking, etc. of User through the Service in a timely and appropriate manner or that there are no factual or legal defects in the Service (including defects, errors, bugs, or third person rights infringement relating to security, reliability, accuracy, completeness, validity, or suitability for specific purpose).
Article 7 Exemption
- Regardless of whether or not it is based on nonperformance, legal warranty, unjust profit, tort, or other claim, the Company bears no liability for damage, special damage (including foreseeable damage), lost profit, indirect damage, incidental damage, secondary damage, or punitive damage caused by a failure to board a scheduled flight; excluding, however, where it is caused by the willful intent or gross negligence of the Company.
- Regardless of whether or not it is based on nonperformance, legal warranty, unjust profit, tort, or other claim, the total amount of damages the Company is liable for to User is 1,000 yen per use of the Service; excluding, however, where it is caused by the willful intent or gross negligence of the Company.
Article 8 Amendment of this Policy
The Company may amend this Policy if it determines it necessary. The amended Policy will be posted at the appropriate location on the website operated by the Company, and become effective seven days after posting.
Article 9 Governing law and jurisdiction
- The original of this Policy is in the Japanese language, and it is governed by the laws of Japan.
- Depending on the value of the claim, the Chiba District Court or the Chiba Summary Court is the agreed exclusive court of first instance for disputes between the Company and User arising from or in relation to the Service.
Article 10 Inquiries
Inquiries and consultations relating to this Policy, the Service, and the handling of User Data, etc. should be addressed to the following contact point. Depending on the nature of the inquiry or consultation, it may take some time to respond.
- Narita International Airport information
- Narita International Airport website (inquiry form)
- Narita International Airport information counter (face to face)
Basic information for those who handle personal information.
Narita International Airport Corporation
NAA Bldg., Narita International Airport, Narita City, Chiba Prefecture 282-8601
President & CEO TAMURA Akihiko
Attachment 1: (Details are as follows)
- All Nippon Airways
- Japan Airlines
Attachment 2 (Details are as follows)
|Automatic boarding gate locations|
|Terminal 1||51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57A|
|Terminal 2||61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 71, 81, 82, 83, 91, 92, 93|