COVID-19 Pandemic Alert (As of 1 Nov (Tue), 6:00pm)
The Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and other government agencies are working in conjunction with airport companies to detect and stop the spread of the virus at Narita Airport.
When coming to the airport, please observe and cooperate with the following.
For information on quarantine procedures when entering Japan, please contact the Narita Airport Quarantine Station (Tel: +81(0)476-34-2310, weekdays 8:30-17:00).
* Various measures related to immigration restrictions are subject to change, so please check the latest information carefully, and refer to the websites of the authorities of each country.
【New Measures for Strengthening Border】
* The Government of Japan has taken new measures such as immigration restrictions as follows.
For details, please refer to"COVID-19: Current Japanese Border Measures" (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare website)
Currently, due to such strict measures, you will have to wait for some time for quarantine procedures, etc. at airport upon your arrival.For this reason, please be sure to give yourself extra time upon and after your arrival.
- Visit Japan Web
Visit Japan Web is a web service for smooth arrival procedure at airport. This service is for both international travelers and Japanese citizens and this can be used for Quarantine, Immigration, and Customs declaration procedures.
"Visit Japan Web"(the Digital Agency website)
"To Anyone Entering/Returning to Japan”(Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare website)
【Request from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism】
① From the perspective of preventing the spread of COVID-19 infection, we would like to request you to avoid crowded places and times and keep the number of people in your group to the minimum, as well as to take basic infection prevention measures when traveling between prefectures, such as when returning home or on a trip.
② In addition, those who take public transportation to commute are encouraged in taking an active part to reduce contact with other people, such as through teleworking and staggered commuting.
【For those returning to / entering Japan】
Please check the Japan Tourism Agency website below for basic infection prevention measures in Japan, appropriate mask wearing according to the situation, or response flow in the event of illness or injury of foreign tourists visiting Japan.
- New Travel Etiquette for Visitors(PDF：992KB)
- COVID-19 Mask Use in Community Settings(PDF：980KB)
- Follow-up action flow for Foreign Visitors infected or injured in Japan(PDF：84KB)
【For those departures from Japan】
Many countries have established entry restrictions to Japan and travelers from Japan. When considering travel to these countries, be sure to check the latest information, such as the websites of the authorities of each country, and the embassy in Tokyo.
【About accurate and prompt information】
Further information is available at the following websites.
- Information is also available on the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare website (Concerning Novel Coronavirus)
- Information is also available on the Cabinet Secretariat's Office website (COVID-19 Information and Resources)
- Information is also available on the Prime Minister's Office website in Japanese (Headquarters on Combating COVID-19 Pandemic)
- Information is also available on the Prime Minister's Office website
- In addition, the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) has set up a call center called "Japan Visitor Hotline" that provides multilingual support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to ensure the safety and security of foreign travelers in an emergency.
【Hours】available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
【Available languages】English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
「Japan Visitor Hotline」(Japan National Tourism Organization Website)
「Japan Visitor Hotline」（PDF：565KB）