Coronavirus Pandemic Alert (As of 28 December (Mon), 00:00am)
The Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare and other government agencies are working in conjunction with airport companies to detect and stop the spread of the virus at Narita Airport.
When coming to the airport, please observe and cooperate with the following.
【Preventing the Spread of Infection in the Airport】
- Airport staff are being encouraged to wear face masks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- The disinfection and cleaning of doorknobs and handrails in the passenger terminals (including on moving walkways and escalators) has been stepped up.
- Please keep sufficient space in front and behind when queuing at airline counters and passenger screening checkpoints.
- When at the airport, please wear a face mask even if you have no cold or flu symptoms, and practice normal etiquette if you cough or sneeze.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly to prevent the spread of infection. Disinfectant dispensers have been placed throughout the passenger terminals for your use.
【Request from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism】
① Passengers with a fever or other symptoms are asked to refrain from boarding.
② Hand washing and sanitizing as well as basic coughing and sneezing etiquette are fundamental to preventing infection. We ask that everyone observe these practices in the airport, on board aircraft and when using public transport, and also wear a face mask and refrain from conversation.
③ Also, in order to reduce the incidence of contact, we urge that remote working and staggered commuting hours be introduced across the board for those who travel to work by public transport.
【Notice from Immigration Services Agency of Japan】
Due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, foreign nationals who have been in the following countries or regions within 14 days prior to their arrival in Japan are no longer allowed to enter Japan unless there are special circumstances. (As of 28 December (Mon), 00:00am)
Iceland, Ireland, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Algeria, Argentina, Albania, Armenia, Antigua & Barbuda, Andorra, Israel, Italy, Iraq, Iran, India, Indonesia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Uruguay, United Kingdom, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Eswatini, Ethiopia, El Salvador, Austria, Oman, Netherlands, Guyana, Kazakhstan, Qatar, Canada, Ghana, Cabo Verde, Gabon, Cameroon, Gambia, North Macedonia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Cyprus, Cuba, Greece, Kyrgyzstan, Guatemala , Cuba, Granada, Croatia, Kenya, Costa Rica, Kosovo, Comoros, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Saudi Arabia, São Tomé and Príncipe, Zambia, San Marino, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, Jamaica, Georgia, Zimbabwe, Switzerland, Sweden, Sudan, Spain, Suriname, Slovakia, Slovenia, Equatorial Guinea, Senegal, Serbia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Somalia, Tajikistan, Czech Republic, Central African Republic, Tunisia, Chile, Denmark, Germany, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Nigeria, Namibia, Nicaragua, Nepal, Norway, Haiti, Pakistan, The Vatican, Panama, Bahamas, Paraguay, Palestine, Bahrain, Barbados, Hungary, Bangladesh, the Philippines, Finland, Brazil, France, Bulgaria, Bhutan, United States, Venezuela, Belarus, Belize, Belgium, Peru, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Poland, Bolivia, Portugal, Honduras, Madagascar, Malawi, Malta, Malaysia, South Africa, South Sudan, Myanmar, Mexico, Monaco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Maldives , Moldova, Morocco, Montenegro, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, Libya, Lichtenstein, Liberia, Luxembourg, Rwanda, Romania, Lesotho, Lebanon, Russia
* Due to the spread of variant virus infection, the Government of Japan has taken new measures such as immigration restrictions as follows.
■New Measures for Strengthening Border
- 1.Suspension of new entry from all countries/regions
- 2.Suspension of special measures when returning or re-entering Japan from a short-term business trip to all countries/regions
- 3.Strengthening quarantine, etc.
【For those returning to / entering Japan】
- Please inquire with the quarantine officer if you have stayed in the countries/regions in Table.
- Report to Quarantine officers when entering the country/region if you have a cough, fever or other symptoms, or if you are taking cough medicine or an antipyretic (fever reducing medicine).
- If you have developed the abovementioned symptoms after entering Japan and you have been in or traveled through the countries in Table, before going to a medical clinic for a diagnosis, please notify the clinic that you have been to those countries and wear a mask when you go. When you arrive, show your health declaration card and report your travel history (health declaration cards are distributed on board your aircraft).
- In addition, the Japan National Tourism Organization (JNTO) has set up a call center called "Japan Visitor Hotline" that provides multilingual support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to ensure the safety and security of foreign travelers in an emergency. We also respond to inquiries related to the new coronavirus.
【Hours】available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
【Available languages】English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
「Japan Visitor Hotline」(Japan National Tourism Organization Website)
「Japan Visitor Hotline」（PDF：565KB）
- Passenger entering or returning to all regions will be held 14 days at a location designated by the quarantine director and must not use public transport in Japan.
【For those departures from Japan】
Many countries have established entry restrictions to Japan and travelers from Japan. When considering travel to these countries, be sure to check the latest information, such as the websites of the authorities of each country, and the embassy in Tokyo.
【About accurate and prompt information】
Further information is available at the following websites.
- Information is also available on the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare website in Japanese (Concerning Novel Coronavirus)
- Information is also available on the Cabinet Secretariat's Office website in Japanese (About correspondence of Coronavirus Pandemic)
- Information is also available on the Prime Minister's Office website in Japanese (Headquarters on Combating Coronavirus Pandemic)
- Information is also available on the Prime Minister's Office website in Japanese (Preventing COVID-19 -Understand the Measures You Can Take-)